Friday, 18 July 2014

CHANGING PLACE



              
















                  I

                
A basket or bowl
with love overflowing
Lavender from endless fields
And carved into a sandy floor
All the left unsaid betweens

You know

The things unsaid and wanting still

They linger

As petals sticking
To a silken stocking
Velveting roses
Releasing them and us


                 II  

Fill this bowl with all

The longing for another day
To make it what 
It could have been
Fresh and sweet
As morning cream

But do not weep


Beneath the unturned stems

And fronds of palm
And glistening stone
The fullness overflows
With fruit and hope's imaginings
A place that wants to fill itself

                  
                  III

She did not go to be away
She just was gone
She just was going all the way
Not home
Not yet

I nourished her with bowls

of love and comforting

These bowls stand there

Awaiting her

As do I

And she will fill her own beliefs

And drink her fill contentedly
From bowls of sacred choosing

Hers

Not mine



Catherine MacAdam
         

No comments:

Post a Comment