Spider Fly
Spider waits beneath my mirror
I lean in close
And look at lines around my eyes
And then – she jumps and so do I
Glad I am that she’s still here
I do get rid of spiders, but not all of them
There are a few of them around my place
I like them
This one underneath my mirror watches me
Her legs are long and she loves to eat
Something I have never seen
She eats privately, beneath my mirror
Her web is there but barely seen
I have to come in close to look
And then – she jumps and so do I
I am glad for what she eats, whatever that may be
Carefully I brush my hair and watch the mirror
Inside, outside, underneath
And as I brush I also stare
I am getting older now
How long I wonder will I be this face
It seems that I am changing fast
And then – I jump and so does she
Our daily play of symmetry
One day she will stretch her legs
Across her silken web of days
And I will stretch into myself
And leave these lines and legs behind
And she and I will finally fly…
Catherine MacAdam

No comments:
Post a Comment