Standing in the knowing light
Moths prepare a hatching feast
Drinking in my cornered lips
The tears that dress my unbelief
I did not know this day would come
And yet...I did and stayed in clothes
Where stains like shadows do not show
To fool my vain imaginings
And yet...I did and stayed in clothes
Where stains like shadows do not show
To fool my vain imaginings
The moths are eating secretly
Just in time to see your face
A glimmer of disgusted days
You also did not show me these
Just in time to see your face
A glimmer of disgusted days
You also did not show me these
Its true I did not want to see
And yet...I did and slipped beneath
The brilliant knife these lies prepared
The moths are hatched and gathering
And yet...I did and slipped beneath
The brilliant knife these lies prepared
The moths are hatched and gathering
C. MacAdam

No comments:
Post a Comment