Sunday, 7 September 2014

LOOK AWAY


One long fluid day
Flowing and leaking and seeping
Across my thoughts and through them
I have stared so far and long
Into books
Out windows
Into Mirrors
Out of things to stare at
And it blurs the
Obvious do what I may
Do what it takes
To stay
Sane
At least for today
If my mind could
jump into itself
so fast that I would
barely catch a piece
of me
there might be what is left
and it might be enough
To make it until the end
of the day
Sore eyes
From staring
Sore heart from looking away


Catherine MacAdam


1 comment:

  1. I think it is good to comment. will blog more . Moody promise that changes as does the day before me. found your site and do the follow routine now. Just another touch point. And yes, this poem, I find amazing. Wind. Hair Cuts Full Moon. And I am thinking: he likes the Cat Drawing on facebook. NOt sure why. matters not. He comments back. reciprocal. nice surprise. I guess I should get out more. Its winter. Maybe not. Wings under my pillow, waiting to fly.

    ReplyDelete