Monday, 23 June 2014
AWAY
I know we live our own lives and our children are born to do the same. I also agonize for her to be okay when I fear that she is not. Her life is hers to live. And she is very far away.
So try this on for size
In the middle of the
unwashed views
just in front of my
hopes for you
I always hold them just this close
I always hold them in my hands
like the smallest little hummer bird
that cannot ever stay
but always lights a moment
and I look at these
days of flying time
and close my eyes
So fast it always seems to leave
As does she
What matters in the after
places of how I live with what
we've said and done
Complete sentences are so overrated
They are not salvation
So here is what I stretch into
instead of falling on my face
I find a place between my self
And watch the play
And watch the dancing words perform
Something that's not quite a song
But dance they do
I hold my tongue
And whisper out inside my head
Spell it; not straight out
From where I stand
it looks safe and far
I have a child who is very far away
and not safe
I could not keep her safe
I could not keep her dreams alive
by Catherine MacAdam
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment